As an event planner who travels often for work, time is always of the essence. Having everything that I need readily available when I embark on a trip is absolutely essential to staying focused, organized and stress free. If I’m lucky, I plan out my outfits a couple of days in advance but let’s keep it real.. I usually pack the same day. Since work trips (mostly site inspections) tend to be short and sweet there is no time for checking in big suitcases so it’s important to pack smart. If possible bring clothes that require little or no ironing (wrinkle free). I’ve mastered the art of packing clothes that I can mix and match without making it obvious that I’m using the same pieces again. Most importantly there are certain items that I pre-pack in advance. In fact, these items don’t leave my carry-on luggage when I unpack. The following are my 5 travel staples:
- Portable Power Source – make sure to leave home with your portable charger fully charged to give you peace of mind if you tend to work remotely.
- Emergency Kit- – Expect the best, but always be ready for anything, even that unexpected headache or tummy ache so pack, acetaminophen, band-aids, etc.
- Moisturizer + Beauty Essentials – Washing my face and moisturizing at bedtime and in the morning is part of my lifestyle. My beauty routine remains intact regardless of what country I’m in.
- Power Converter: these never leave my carry -saves me the time of asking the concierge or front desk for one when I travel internationally.
- Pashmina: I tend to get cold on the plane and also during dinner at restaurants so I make sure that I have a pashmina regardless of the season.