There are so many ways to fold a napkin. Napkins come in a variety of colors, sizes and patterns. Aside from having a beautiful floral centerpiece, high quality linen and exquisite china, one must never forget to select the ideal napkin fold for the place settings. Selecting the right napkin fold adding a creative garnish or detail helps complete the overall look. Step up your game the next time you entertain. Try something new and different to you.
Here are 5 styles of napkin folds and the type of event that goes well with them:
- Rectangular Fold – This napkin fold is simple and casual. Perfect for a brunch, baby shower and wedding. Lay a garnish and menu top of it and your look is complete.
- Rectangular Wrap around – This fold style is casual and modern. Ideal to use over chargers. Simply add your favorite garnish to the side and menu.
- Gathered and Tied – This fold style is classic and elegant. Most commonly used in elegant wedding receptions.
- Draped – Very simple yet elegant. Popular fold in wedding receptions. This fold style is simple and is created by simply folding the napkin and 3 equal parts and letting it drape down from each plate setting. You can embellish it with a greenery garnish, single flower or place card on it.
- Square with a Pocket – This fold is a popular idea . Simply fold the napkin into a square and leave a sleeve to tuck in.
Do you have any creative napkin folds you came up with that you would like to share with us or let us know which one is your favorite? We’d love to hear from you.